Welcome to the sometimes surreal life of a rural mom, her two kids, and her legion of pets.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Finally in a happy place.

We're having a "Biggest Loser" style weight loss challenge at work for the next couple of months. Normally this is something I get right on board with, so I did my first weigh in. As I  was getting ready to pitch in my money, I had an epiphany. What on Earth was I doing? I am happy with who I am and what I look like. And on a purely selfish note, since I'm only carrying maybe an extra fifteen pounds, there is no way I have any chance at winning this. Granted, I wasn't always so comfortable with myself. I've been super thin, and morbidly obese and neither made me happy. You know what makes me happy?

My son waking me up with a kiss on the head.

My boys smiling faces when I get home from work.

My dogs curling up with me at night.

The rare alone time I get with someone special. (ahem...hint hint.)

Pink Tulips

Cupcakes with butter cream frosting.

A full night's sleep.

Notice nothing on that list has anything to do with how I look. I am at the lowest weight I have been at in years, but that's not what's making me so happy with my life. I'm happy because I'm healthy and there are people that care about me. Neither of the boys has become a serial killer, and my life is in a good place.

So thanks, but no thanks. Extra fifteen pounds or not, I am not going to do the weight loss challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment