Welcome to the sometimes surreal life of a rural mom, her two kids, and her legion of pets.

Monday, March 28, 2011

that one perfect moment....

There are always moments in our lives that live in our memories forever. Sometimes they are big things, like weddings, births, deaths. Sometimes though it's the little tiny moments that we hold tightly. My current favorite moment was one where for just a second, everything was peaceful and right with the world. A couple of months ago, I woke up in the arms of someone I cared about. His arms were around me, and I had one dog in my arms, another on my feet, another next to my face, and a cat at the top of my head. It was the first time in a long time I woke up smiling. At that exact moment in time, I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Of course time goes on, and things change. We've gone our separate ways, but that one perfect moment remains. It's the kind of memory that makes me hope I don't end up with dementia.  When I'm ninety, even if I end up alone, I want to be able to look back and say. "Yeah, I had that perfect moment and I wouldn't change a thing."

No comments:

Post a Comment